Ricotta Raspberry Coffee Rye Toast

Coffee Syrup toast on marble rye with ricotta and raspberries

Toast is hot, literally and figuratively, there are so many combinations and options. Here I have Marble Rye + homemade ricotta + raspberries + a drizzle of coffee syrup = 🔥! So delicious !!

Coffee Syrup toast on marble rye with ricotta and raspberries

 

You don't need a recipe, just pile on ingredients as you see fit. But if you want to make your own ricotta - it is very easy to make and seriously life changing. I often eat it warm on a Triscuit and it's definitely on my "five foods you'd bring if stranded on a desert island" list. I use Ina Garten's recipe

Ricotta Ingredients
  • 4 cups whole milk
  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 1 tsp kosher salt 
  • 3 Tbsp vinegar (I use white, I'm sure you could get fancy)
Equipment
  • Sieve or strainer
  • Cheesecloth or extra large coffee filter (wet before straining)
Combine milk, cream and salt in a large saucepan and bring to a strong simmer (watch it as it can boil over and then you have a serious mess on your hands).  Once simmering, remove from heat, add 3 Tbsp vinegar, stir and let sit a minute or so. Strain through cheesecloth (or I use a large coffee filter in a sieve) for about 20-30 minutes (the longer you strain, the thicker it will get). Try it warm 🤤 or put it in the fridge for later. ❤️☕️

No comments:

Post a Comment